You know, I've spent more time on this blog showing pictures of my family and friends than talking about myself. That was somewhat intentional; I often feel a little out of step with the rest of the world, and while I might get along well with people one on one, a crowd makes me... nervous. Which is why it's so ironic that I was in performance, oh, a lifetime ago. lol
So, I decided to borrow a meme from my new friend Sila so that I might start being a little more personal on my personal blog. Hope you all enjoy. Feel free to laugh with me at my idiosyncrasies. And for you people who are looking for scrapping, never fear; I'm not giving it up. I just wanted to inject more of my personality on the blog. :P
Ok, so the meme goes like this:
Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now
Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
Day Seven: Four turn offs.
Day Eight: Three turn ons.
Day Nine: Two smileys that describe your life right now.
Day Ten: One confession
So, as it is day 1 of this meme, here are ten things I'd like to say to ten different people right now.
1. Sila, I love this meme! You have set off my creativity just by sharing how wonderful you are as an individual. I hope you never lose your sense of joy and playful spirit. It's far more important than any of those silly things people have tried to make you do to "fit in" with the "normal" crowd.
2. Joe, I am almost envious of the joy and vivacity you show every day. Your intensity, your purity, I know they all most grow away eventually, but I am treasuring this brief time with you, whether you are laughing in complete abandon or screaming and crying as though your heart will break. I love you, my angel.
3. Daniel, I don't always remember how much I appreciate you in those moments where things seem to go "wrong." It isn't because I don't love you; it's because I feel safe enough with you that I don't have to hold back anything. Unfortunately, that means I don't even hold back my annoyance. Just remember, you are my one.
4. Linda, you have been such an inspiration and boost for me lately. Even without ever having met, you have gotten into my heart and made a special home for yourself. I know it's not much, but what little time I spend with you, I treasure it and your support. It means so much more to me than I can say.
5. Jo Ann, it breaks my heart to see you so sad and alienated. I wish there was a way I could show you that it doesn't have to be that way, but that would be assuming that I know the right things to do, and I'm not so sure I do. You are my heart sister, and I want you to be happy and fulfilled. If I can help you do that or give you some small encouragement toward it, I will.
6. Wayne, you are loud, talkative, and incredibly annoying when you get bored. But you know that already. But if you start sneaking up on me again, you might have a surprise. Pretend to hit me again just to jerk back just in time, and the surprise won't be pretty. I may care for you immensely, but pushing my buttons on purpose is so not cool. Oh, and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Love working with you, boss!
7. Diana, you've broken my heart a million times. And yet, I know that you didn't do it on purpose. Unfortunately, that doesn't erase what did happen. You've been a huge influence on my life, and the more I tease things out, the more I realize that to simply characterize you as a monster is unfair and untrue. But that doesn't make the hurt go away. I owe you debts I can never repay. Hopefully, we'll eventually be even.
8. Daddy & Nita, I miss you so much. I know you had to go away, but it left a huge hole in my heart and my life. And now that I'm finally beginning to heal from that, I realize that I was never really fully an adult until I didn't have you there for me in that way any longer. You've given me a gift I cannot repay, and even through the struggles, it's been worth it. But I still miss you.
9. Jesse, I'm sorry. I'm a fool and a selfish idiot. But then again, I always was towards you. Somehow, I got on a little high horse and never learned that you had a perspective of your own when we were kids, and as an adult, I'm learning more and more that you are the better man (or person, in this case). Doesn't mean we'll always see eye to eye, but as the years go by, I respect you more and more. Shalom, little bro.
10. Sarah, you're a pretty neat gal. I don't tell you this nearly often enough, but you are so interesting to watch and to work things out with. You are smart and come to some amazing conclusions that I never saw coming. Don't bash yourself or give yourself a hard time; it'll come together when it's time. Oh, and Sarah? A little less computer time wouldn't hurt. Get outside and pet the kitty kitty. :P