Monday, November 29, 2010

A Christmas Tree (and a confession)

We put up our Christmas tree last night! Yaya! We got a short-needled tree for a change (DH normally prefers pines and such). We haven't gotten any "real" ornaments on it yet, just some (break-resistant) silver and gold balls. We wanted Joe to get used to those before we put on anything fancy. Oh, and tinsel and lights. Joe keeps saying "Pretty tree" every time he's in the living room. Now, if we could only convince him that he doesn't have to rehang a ball every few seconds, we'd be a little safer. lol I got some pictures of him admiring the tree and "helping," so I'll have to post them later after I get them out of the camera. :)

Sadly, it is the last day of the meme. Bummer!

Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now
Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
Day Seven: Four turn offs.
Day Eight: Three turn ons.
Day Nine: Two smileys that describe your life right now.
Day Ten: One confession.

Ok, I've wrangled this through my head for days now. What should I confess? I mean, I don't wanna go to jail over this one. I also don't wanna say something that will hurt someone's feelings too much... So what do I confess? Something unexpected? It's not like anything I confess will be earth-shattering. So, I decided to go for something bizarre that I don't think anyone knows about me (except for me, of course). So... ahem. I have to confess that I am... terrified of astronomy. Yes, absolutely terrified of it. When I was a little kid, I loved astronomy. I would look for the star formations, even had a telescope for a while. And I always loved looking at stars. But when I got a little older and started trying to wrap my brain around the reality of infinity... of what space is, and how it's formed, and what its properties are... Ok, I'm gonna leave it there. Yes. I am a (fairly) rational adult, I (mostly) function typically in daily life, and I am horrified about thinking too hard about astronomy. So there. Now you know.

This was so much fun! I'll have to see if I can find another meme. I have loved getting your responses. Makes the cyber world feel that much more friendly. :D So thank you so much. And I promise, as soon as I get my new Bamboo, I'll post some goodies for everyone! (((hugs)))

1 comment:

Designs By Kelin said...

I'm glad you're getting photos of the tree rearrangements... they will be so fun to look in years to come... actually I get where you are coming from with your confession... I don't think many people "think" about it because if they did realize how unimportant our little planet really is.... well they might just go crazy. Enjoyed your list. Have a great day.