Thursday, September 02, 2010

Feelin' Fine

I've been very busy. And I'm very tired. And I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. But you know what? I feel fine! I'm so excited about Juanita (my stepmom extraordinaire) coming to visit, I don't know what to do with myself. And we're making the last steps of getting the house ready, getting the couch over there, rearranging the living room and such. So it'll be awesome!

Part of the reason I've been scrapping so much lately is that I'm enthusiastic about sharing what I've done with her. She is, after all, the person who introduced me to paper scrapping. I loved the idea, but I didn't have the money available to commit to doing it by myself. So, when I found out about digiscrapping, it was a match made in heaven. I even get to learn new software all the time. That keeps me from getting bored. ;) And I know she'll enjoy getting to see some of the new stuff I've done. I'll have to save my new kits on a cd for her.

Speaking of which, I did a layout with my new mini kit to go with it on the challenge. :) See what you think!

Summer Evening

I had a lot of fun with this one. For one thing, I fell in love with this paper once I made it. And I was proud to learn several new things while I did it. :D That's really the reason I enjoy doing a mini every once in a while; it stretches my wings a bit. And the turtle was so cute for the "frame" for my little man. I really liked the idea of doing it as something boyish. Makes me smile.

I've also done another layout for a different challenge on Scraps with a Mouse, which I must say is a fun place to be. I know that I need to branch out and spend time in different places so I can get more views and ideas, but I get so caught in spending time with the people I enjoy. :) Anyway, back to the layout. It was from pictures from the reception after our wedding. Things were coming to a close, and we were opening gifts. But by this time, we were so tired and goofy, it was a minor miracle that we stayed serious enough to do what we should. So I loved how funny we looked here.

Summer Breeze

I know that I'm not going to be able to do nearly as many layouts after my stepmom gets here, mainly because I want to spend every moment I can enjoying spending time with her. But don't worry, I'll be back. Now that I found my mojo again (or my mojo found me, if you will), you won't be able to keep me down for long. ;)

Love to you all!

No comments: